Charge to the Committee
The Provost’s Capital Planning Group will develop and execute strategy to meet major capital needs, including deferred maintenance needs, for individual units and the campus as a whole.
- Develop and implement a strategy for identifying and prioritizing major capital needs, both physical and technological, for the Ithaca campus.
- Develop a recommended annual capital budget and a rolling five-year capital plan for approval by the Capital Funding and Priorities Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Review space utilization and facility condition data to inform and shape future capital planning needs.
- Develop a strategic approach for facilities planning and addressing deferred maintenance.
- Solicit and analyze deferred maintenance plans for all colleges and units.
- Evaluate individual proposed capital projects to: assess need and proposed scope; available capacity; potential synergy, overlap, and conflict with other campus activities; and coordination with unit deferred maintenance plans.
- Approve the scope and scale of major capital project activity for further review and final campus approval by the Capital Funding and Priorities Committee.
|Judy Appleton||Vice Provost|
|Rick Burgess||Vice President, Infrastructure, Properties, and Planning|
|Mary-Lynn Cummings||Director of Capital and Space Planning, Budget & Planning|
|Rayna Kalas||Associate Professor, English|
|Jim Kazda||Senior Director and Campus Manager|
|Kent Kleinman||Dean, Architecture, Art and Planning|
|Mike Kotlikoff, Chair||Provost|
|Ryan Lombardi||Vice President, Student and Campus Life|
|Eduardo Peñalver||Dean, Cornell Law School|
|John Siliciano||Deputy Provost|
|Paul Streeter||Vice President, Budget and Planning|
|Abe Stroock||Director, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering|
|Steven Wolf||Associate Professor, Natural Resources|