The University Budget Office works with units across the university to develop, report and implement the Ithaca campus operating plan.
Operational planning is informed by institutional priorities, policies, and metrics related to the University’s core mission activities. Serving as stewards of institutional resources, the Budget Office is responsible for:
- Forecasting revenue and expense and providing analytical context for planning assumptions and budget policies.
- Coordinating the presentation and review of policy, procedure, and allocation issues impacting operations with senior management.
- Allocating resources, monitoring their use, and reporting on results against plan.
- Modeling the impact of program, policy, and process changes.
- Providing specialized budget services to meet New York State (NYS) and State University of New York (SUNY) requirements.
The office is responsible for the maintenance of schedules, process tools (including computerized budget systems and data marts), and training that supports the annual development of departmental and unit operating budgets.
We invite you to contact any of us about your budget and budgeting needs.